On this tour, we will explore the history of the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island, two of the most iconic locations in New York City and the United States.
Admission tickets are billed separately at $24 per guest.
Length: 4 Hours
Number of Guests: Up to 10
Time of Day: This tour is best if you start before 10 a.m.
Walking tour – wear comfy shoes!
(Approx 1 mile of walking. A few stairs. Boat Ramp.)
Note: This is an excellent tour for families.
IF AVAILABLE WE WILL TRY TO GET PEDESTAL OR CROWN TICKETS, BUT KNOW THESE SELL OUT AS FAR AS 4 MONTHS IN ADVANCE. OTHERWISE WE WILL EXPLORE THE GROUNDS WHICH IS A WONDERFUL AND ENRICHING EXPERIENCE.
- Tickets to Statue Cruises
- Boat ride to and from Liberty/Ellis Island
- Guided tour of the Statue of Liberty Museum
- A secret military fort hidden in plain view
- Learn how a magician once made the Statue of Liberty disappear!
- Learn about an island next to the Statue that exploded!
- Discover the four men responsible for making the Statue a reality
- Learn the story behind Emma Lazarus’ poem THE NEW COLOSSUS
- Guided walk through choice Ellis Island exhibits
- History of immigration – before, during, after Ellis Island
*NOTE: there is absolutely no way to “skip the line” at the Statue of Liberty/Ellis Island. EXPERIENCE THE BIG APPLE TOURS believes in total transparency to set accurate expectations for an experience. Even with timed tickets, all guests wait in the same security line with everyone else. You can learn more about the experience here: